File a police report. They will require that you have certified copies of your most recent court orders regarding custody. Also, request the law enforcement agency place your child in the National Crime Information Computer System (NCIC). If you have a valid custody order, you can contact our Parental Child Abduction Unit using the link on this website, or by calling 916- 875-0096. You will be contacted within two business days. For additional assistance, you may wish to call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1.800.843.5678.