When a criminal case has been resolved, our office sends a property release to the law enforcement agency that handled the case. You should contact that law enforcement agency directly. If they do not have a release on file, please contact our office at 916-874-6218 or daoffice@sacda.org and the attorney who handled the case will review your request and prepare a property release, if appropriate. In certain cases we are required to wait at least 60 days to see if an appeal is filed. If you are the victim, in many cases we may be able to have your property photographed and returned to you. We do not authorize the release of firearms or other contraband to defendants after a conviction.