- Helping Victims
- Community Relations
- Early Prison Releases
- Police Use of Force
Services & Information / U-Visa Request Information
U-Visa Request Information
The Sacramento County District Attorney's Office will review certifications in the following types of cases:
- Cases that have been reviewed by this office and charges have been filed (including cases where a warrant has been issued).
The Sacramento County District Attorney's Office will not review certifications in the following type of cases:
- The case was not referred to this office for review.
- The case was referred to this office for review and was rejected for prosecution.
- In both these instances, the certification request should be directed to the law enforcement agency that took the report.
All requests for certification must be submitted with a copy of the law enforcement report. If you are unable to obtain the law enforcement report, note that on your request and the reason you are unable to submit the report.
I-918 B forms must be completely and accurately filled out with the exception of the signature line and date. If the required information in not provided, is incomplete, or filled out incorrectly, forms may be returned or rejected.
- Please do not include information about injuries that the District Attorney's Office cannot attest to (for example; "applicant suffered emotional trauma and cannot sleep at night").
- If the reviewer does not agree with the information you have provided, changes may be made to the certification form. If any alteration is significant, you will be notified.
- The District Attorney's Office only keeps records on misdemeanor cases for six months. Requests for certifications on old misdemeanor cases will likely only state that no information is available in respect to the cooperation of the victim at the time the case resolved or went to trial.
- Please do not put "See Attached" when asked to provide information about:
- Facts of the case
- Injuries sustained by applicant
- Box marked "Other"
Information required for the I-918 B form:
- Name of Certifying Agency: Sacramento County District Attorney's Office
- Name of Certifying Official: Michael A. Neves
- Title: Assistant District Attorney
- Name of Head of Certifying Agency: Anne Marie Schubert, District Attorney
- Agency Address: 901 G St., Sacramento CA 95814
- Phone: (916) 874-6218
- Fax: (916) 321-2201
- Agency Type: Local
- Certifying Agency Category: Prosecutor
Please send all requests in domestic violence cases to the attention of Susan Nelsen, Domestic Violence Unit. All other requests should be sent to the attention of Kerry Martin, Victim/Witness Assistance Program. Please include a stamped self-addressed envelope with your certification request.
To contact Susan Nelsen about a domestic violence u-visa, please email her at email@example.com.
If you have further questions, contact Program Manager Kerry Martin, Victim/Witness Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 874-6518.